IDAS is currently recruiting enthusiastic, reliable and committed volunteers to assist our team with supporting victims of domestic abuse. Volunteers will assist the refuge and Independent Domestic Violence Advocate teams in their service delivery.
This can include:
• Emotional support for survivors of domestic abuse
• Client evaluations to ensure the client voice is at the heart of our services
• Delivering security items to vulnerable clients or court support
• Attending criminal or civil court with a client
This role encompasses many other responsibilities that serve to enhance and broaden the current service delivery for survivors of domestic abuse.
▫ Organising client referrals or spreadsheets
▫ Inputting client’s notes onto case management system
▫ GDPR adherence
▫ Preparing all paperwork necessary, submitting case notes
• One-to-one support of clients needing emotional support
• Completing risk assessments via telephone
• Follow up calls/emails to any clients needing sign posting to other agencies
• Attend supervision with Volunteer Organiser and Volunteer Meetings/Training where necessary
The minimum commitment for this role is 4 hours a week.
Recruitment process: If you are interested in this role, please contact Alison Maynard (Volunteer Organiser) at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this role, please contact Alison Maynard (Volunteer Organiser) at email@example.com
You will need to be flexible, friendly and approachable with good listening and verbal communication skills. Volunteers need to have respect for the diversity of all people, including commitment to the IDAS ethos and values. You will need to be reliable, trustworthy and prepared to adhere to the confidentiality policy. A non-judgemental, impartial and confidential approach is essential. Full training and shadowing will be provided. The volunteers will be working closely with the Volunteer Organiser and practitioners to achieve any agreed goals.
Basic IT and Organisational skills are essential.
Understanding of Domestic and Sexual Violence are desirable.
DSB clearance is essential (Welcome Fast-Track applicants with a DBS on the Online Update Service).