What we're looking for:
There is so much going on at the Hub, with classes starting and finishing and visitors coming and going all the time! This means that our busy building sometimes becomes a bit neglected, so we would love a ‘Hinching’ housekeeping volunteer to come in and set things straight.
• General cleaning and tidying duties throughout the Hub, including the crèche area. kitchen, and toilets.
• Emptying rubbish
• Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
• Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements to the Project Manager
What will you get out of it?
• You'll enjoy getting tasks done and feel satisfied by seeing what a difference you can make to the feel and atmosphere of the place- your input will make a BIG difference to the Hub.
• Valuable experience and the opportunity to work with a great team of volunteers.
Days required: Mon AM, Mon PM, Tues AM, Tues PM, Weds AM, Weds PM, Thur AM, Thur PM, Fri AM, Fri PM
Recruitment process: Applicants will be contacted and asked to attend ELSH for an informal chat about the role.
Applicants will be contacted and asked to attend ELSH for an informal chat about the role.
The skills you’ll need:
• Good Customer Service skills,
• Reliability, Organisational skills,
• Integrity and Honesty,
• A reasonable level of fitness
• Awareness of health and safety procedures
Volunteers will need an understanding and willingness to work with vulnerable people.
Our students are people who live in Barnsley community and the surrounding area, but who don't speak English as a first language. These students may be refugees or immigrants and need to learn the language in order to help them settle into society.
ELSH offers an extensive programme of training and events and activities as part of its service, which we encourage volunteers and students to get involved with. Free refreshments are available, and travel expenses are paid weekly.
All appointments will be made subject to a DBS check. The ELSH Hub is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate based on age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability.