Reception and Admin
Purpose of the Role: To provide Reception cover and office support.
• Reception services – meeting and greeting people and directing them to the correct location.
• Telephone answering – take and make calls, take messages, and deal with enquiries about Age UK Barnsley’s services.
• Incoming and Outgoing post.
• Maintain office diary as required.
• Make room bookings as required.
• Upkeep of leaflets and notice boards in Reception area.
• Word processing as required.
• Photocopying and filing
• Provide refreshments as required to class service users
• Take payments from service users for classes, refreshments, cards etc.
Days required: Fri PM
Recruitment process: We always welcome new volunteers and value the contributions that our volunteers make to the work we do for the elderly people of Barnsley.
We do have a procedure for the recruitment of volunteers, this includes the completion of a short application form followed by an informal chat with the Volunteer Coordinator.
We always welcome new volunteers and value the contributions that our volunteers make to the work we do for the elderly people of Barnsley.
• Good telephone manner
• Good communications skills.
• You need to be well organised
• Smart appearance.
• Commitment to the policies of Age UK Barnsley, particularly those relating to Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality