Purpose of the Role:
Due to the ongoing regeneration in Barnsley Town centre, this role is to collect clients from their home and bring them in to Barnsley Town centre and assist with any help that they need in accessing the shops and market.
This role comes under Age UK Barnsley’s Access Barnsley service and clients may book a scooter or wheelchair from it to enable them to have full access to the town centre
• To collect clients from their home address and bring in to the Town centre only
• To assist clients in and out of vehicles and in a safe and proper manner (as required)
• To help clients access the new town centre and market areas
• May be required to escort via the use of a wheelchair and volunteers must be able to carry out this task safely
• To keep up to date records of journeys undertaken and take part in monitoring requirements as required by Age UK Barnsley
• Must follow Age UK Barnsley’s Driver Conduct Policy
Days required: Mon AM, Mon PM, Tues AM, Tues PM, Weds AM, Weds PM, Thur AM, Thur PM, Fri AM, Fri PM, Sat AM, Sat PM
Recruitment process: We always welcome new volunteers and value the contributions that our volunteers make to the work we do for the elderly people of Barnsley.
We do have a procedure for the recruitment of volunteers, this includes the completion of a short application form followed by an informal chat with the Volunteer Coordinator or the Service Manager.
We always welcome new volunteers and value the contributions that our volunteers make to the work we do for the elderly people of Barnsley.
• A genuine interest in older people and their welfare
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Honesty, reliability and trustworthiness
• A commitment to the Policies and Procedures of Age UK Barnsley.
• A Disclosure & Barring Check must be completed prior to undertaking this role.