Purpose of the Role:
Due to the ongoing regeneration in Barnsley Town Centre, this role is to meet people at the Age UK Barnsley Shop on Eldon Street and help them access the shops and new market area, assisting them with any help they need.
This role comes under Age UK Barnsley’s Access Barnsley service and clients may book a scooter or wheelchair to enable them to have full access to the town centre.
• To meet clients in the Town centre and assist them with any help they need as they shop
• May be required to escort clients via the use of a wheelchair – volunteers must be able to carry out this task safely
• To keep up to date records and take part in monitoring requirements as required by Age UK Barnsley
• May be required to assist with accessing public transport/Dial-a Ride
Days required: Mon AM, Mon PM, Tues AM, Tues PM, Weds AM, Weds PM, Thur AM, Thur PM, Fri AM, Fri PM, Sat AM, Sat PM
Recruitment process: We always welcome new volunteers and value the contributions that our volunteers make to the work we do for the elderly people of Barnsley.
We do have a procedure for the recruitment of volunteers, this includes the completion of a short application form followed by an informal chat with the Volunteer Coordinator or the service manager.
We always welcome new volunteers and value the contributions that our volunteers make to the work we do for the elderly people of Barnsley.
• A genuine interest in older people and their welfare
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Honesty, reliability and trustworthiness
• A commitment to the Policies and Procedures of Age UK Barnsley.
• A Disclosure & Barring Check must be completed prior to undertaking this role.