Organisation: Barnsley Refugee Advice Project
Started volunteering: November 2017
Why did you decide to volunteer for the Refugee Council?
- I am a refugee would love to help other refugees who have been subject to persecution and insecurity.
- To acquire skills and experience to build a new career.
- To meet new people and build friendships with other volunteers.
What do you enjoy about your role?
- Enjoying the self-satisfaction through helping other people in general.
- Friendly colleagues and atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding.
- Joining the different social activity organized by Refugee Council.
- Listening to many interesting stories.
What do you find challenging?
- Updating my knowledge about the different possible roles that I might do in future.
- Expanding my English skills to be more comprehensive regarding asylum issues.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- I enjoy gardening, planting new species and grafting trees to create 'cocktail' trees.
- Breeding parrots and taming them through hand feeding.
- Watching documentaries about nature, astronomy and universe evolution.
What would you like to do in the future?
- I would like to be an Asylum adviser.
- Finding suitable job.
- Exploring the Planet Earth.