Rotherham Federation are seeking an experienced Volunteer Co-Ordinator to join their team to support Rotherham communities to grow and develop, working with local people to building their sense of belonging, community pride and spirit.
- Assessing and meeting the Federation's needs through the recruitment, placement, and retention of volunteers.
- Manage volunteers and the relationships with those they meet, including employees and service users of the Federation.
- Monitor evaluate and mentor volunteers.
- To deliver specific outputs and outcomes as determined by funding requirements,
- Maintain databases and capture required data/evidence and report on progress on an ongoing basis.
- Generate appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the Federation.
- Ensure there is appropriate support and training for volunteers.
- Promote volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Organise profile-raising events to attract new volunteers.
- Interview and recruit volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in recruiting, managing, and working with volunteers. 2 years’ experience of training, mentoring, and developing volunteers
The closing date for applications is Friday 17 July 2020 at 10am with interviews held on Tuesday 21 July 2020.
Applicants that have been shortlisted will be contacted on Friday 17 July 2020 to be invited to an interview.
Due to current Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, we are following Government advice, and this will result in interviews being held via Telephone or Skype.
As stated above this is a 12 month contract initially, however Rotherham Federation are looking to make this a permanent role going forward, funding permitting.
Successful candidates will have a DBS check carried out.
The appointment will be subject to suitable references.